I'm an introvert and I don't need fixing!
You may have seen this, but it's worth repeating . . .
(clink on the link above to learn how Carl King disproves these myths)
- Introverts don’t like to talk.
- Introverts are shy.
- Introverts are rude.
- Introverts don’t like people.
- Introverts don’t like to go out in public.
- Introverts always want to be alone.
- Introverts are weird.
- Introverts are aloof nerds.
- Introverts don’t know how to relax and have fun.
- Introverts can fix themselves and become extroverts.
Linda Silverman reports that "about 60% of gifted children are introverted compared with 30% of the general population. Approximately 75% of highly gifted children are introverted." However introversion "is very likely to be misunderstood and 'corrected' in children by well-meaning adults."
As Carl King writes, "Extroverts need to recognize and respect us, and we also need to respect ourselves".