Tuesday, November 13, 2012
What a great day I had with parents at the annual conference of the Minnesota Council for Gifted and Talented in Minneapolis last weekend.
For those who attended my session, The Right Triangle, here are the documents I promised.
The Right Triangle powerpoint hand-out
The Right Triangle Suggestions
Thanks to all for your energy and enthusiasm. Isn't it great to be in a place where we can say the "G" word without having to explain ourselves?
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Be sure to check out this wonderful parent blog on some unique characteristics of gifted kids. Life with Intensity
I'm reminded of this from Jim Delisle's Once Upon a Mind . . .
- Intensity of thought: Her mind is always whirring."
- Intensity of purpose: "Once he makes up his mind to do something, he's not satisfied until it's accomplished."
- Intensity of emotion: "She internalizes everyone anyone says about her."
- Intensity of spirit: "He's always looking out for someone less fortunate who needs help."
- Intensity of soul: "She asks questions that philosophers have asked for centuries and gets upset when we can't give her definitive answers to them."