Sunday, February 12, 2012

To begin at the beginning


The unique concerns of gifted and talented children are near and dear to my heart. It seems that passion has been building for a lifetime as I’ve found my own voice of advocacy, going from student to teacher to parent to G/T educator.


  
Through each of these roles I have grown to understand the wonderful diversity of gifted children and the struggle we all face when advocating for their needs. I've also learned the value of collaborative advocacy. Too often, one voice sounds like whining; many voices sound like a cause.
 

It's my hope that this blog will allow some of us to join our voices for the cause of gifted kids, empowering them to self-advocate, to become active partners in their own education.









No comments:

Post a Comment