Thursday, February 23, 2012

School Counselors

Let's hear it for school counselors!
Today I spoke about self-advocacy with many dedicated counselors at the Wisconsin School Counselor Association Conference at Monona Terrace in Madison.  Thanks to all for your enthusiasm and insights. Your role as advocate for all kids, including those who are gifted, is vital.

I was especially delighted when one of the participants approached me after the session.  A former student I've known since middle school, she's now a counselor in a Milwaukee high school making a difference for students in an urban setting. 

And so I'm reminded . . . a special "thank you" to all the counselors, social workers, and school psychs I worked with in Manitowoc, Wisconsin.  You taught me much as we worked together with and for gifted kids.






No comments:

Post a Comment